Gas Water heater installation is very easy and you can do this on your own without the help of an expert. You can save a little money by doing it yourself. It may take a little time installing it yourself for the first time but that’s not an important factor. You should learn to do new things. So next time when you have a water heater installation to perform, try to do it yourself by following the simple rules I have listed below.
- The first step for water heater installation is to make sure that water connection is switched off before you start with the water heater installation. Water line valve should be shut down, and turn off the knob to shut off the gas line. If you have an old heater connected to it then you should plug it off to avoid any current shocks.
- The next step is to drain out the water from the drain valve. You can do this by connecting the drain valve with a hose. The drain valve is located at the bottom of the water heater.
- Now water inlet and the water outflow should be unscrewed. They are located at the top of the water heater. You can do this with the help of a pipe wrench. Do not forget to unscrew the gas line too. These also work for tankless water heater installation.
- Dispose your old heater according to your local area rules and regulations. And then install your new water heater. After installing your new water heater check that all the controls are working.
- With the help of the wrenches screw back the inlet line as well as the outlet line. After you have fixed the outlet and inlet line you can fill water in the tank completely by opening the water line.
- The last step to finish with the gas water heater installation is to connect the tank with the gas line with the help of wrench.
Why outside tankless water heater installation are better?
Tankless Water Heater Installation
Many people get confused about where the best place for tankless water heater installation is. There are pros and cons to every installation location. Tankless water heaters are mainly utilized in Asian and European countries where space is more valuable. For instance, in Japan it would be a waste of space if the tankless water heater was installed inside. In these countries most of the tankless water heater installation is done outside.
Outside Tankless Water Heater Installation
Besides saving space, an outside tankless water heater installation also allows for easy venting. A tankless water heater requires special venting that can be quite expensive. A few new models of tankless water heaters are so proficient that they utilize regular PVC (4”) for venting as the exhaust does not get very hot. The enclosures for tankless water heaters are made of aluminium. They are, therefore, rust-proof. All the parts are made to endure rain, heat, wind etc. These water heaters also have integrated electric heater in order to warm up the water heaters heat-exchanger when there is a drop in temperature. If there are any water leaks, then outside tankless water heater installation causes no or very less damage.
If properly installed, outside tankless water heater installation is a better option. The only disadvantage of outside tankless water heater installation is that the water heaters can be easily vandalized or stolen as they can be removed and separated from the water supply.
Inside Tankless Water Heater Installation
Inside tankless water heater installation may pose venting problems along with its extra installation charges, as with furnace installation. Tankless water heaters condensates water and to ensure that it does not drain back into the heater, a drain tee vent is used. If the condensate water is not collected properly and is allowed to drain into the heat-exchanger, it will shorten its lifespan. Another likely danger in an inside tankless heater installation is gas leaks.