Structural CD plywood is one of the most versatile plywood that is useful for both interior and exterior applications. However, it is important to note that it is generally used where aesthetics are of least importance. In fact, plywood, in general, is one of the most popular construction materials in history. There are many types of plywood and it has evolved and improved over the years. However, one of the most important classifications for plywood is that it can be either structural or nonstructural. It is very important to know the difference between the two and both have different applications and should ideally never be interchanged.
One of the biggest differences between the structural plywood in Brisbane and non-structural plywood is the type of glue that is being used. In general, the plywood sheets manufactures with A-bond is classified as the structural-plywood. Thus, it is best to use structural-plywood where the application demands the structure has good strength and that it won’t split under pressure. It can be useful for both interior and exterior structures. Since it is so strong it is very useful for shaping and designing creative windows. It is also useful for agricultural buildings and sports complexes.
Benefits of using Structural Plywood
- Structural & non-structural plywood have different types of bonds.
- It uses an A-Bond type of glue bond that is more popular. It is usually produced from phenol-formaldehyde resin.
- The A-Bond type of strong bond that does not weaken even when exposed to wet conditions or temperature fluctuations.
- It can also have a B-bond which is usually made from melamine-urea-formaldehyde.
- Structural plywood is sturdy and durable hence it is useful for the purpose of buildings and construction; especially beams & hoardings.
- It is also possible to use structural plywood for crates, internal structures, bins, boxes, and outdoor furniture.
- Since it is highly durable and long-lasting it is useful for walls and roof bracing.
Benefits of Non-Structural Plywood
The non-structural plywood includes the decorative plywood. The main characteristics of this type include that it has a high-quality finish.
- This type of plywood is useful for aesthetic furniture that is useful for the interior purpose; hence it is also often called interior plywood.
- It is classified under the C-D bond.
- The C-D bond is produced using urea-formaldehyde resin and it is not suitable for outdoor use.
- The C-D bond will deteriorate and fail when it is exposed to wet or damp conditions as well when there are temperature fluctuations.
- The C-Bond plywood board is useful if one wishes to paint on it and is generally useful for construction of the ceiling, wall lining, furniture, and other decorative furnishings.
- Since the D-Bond plywood has lower humidity tolerance and hence fewer applications.
Some of the most popular types of structural plywood include Pine and Hardwood; besides which Hoop pine and Birch plywood are also rated as structural plywood and have several applications. Form plywood that is useful for building structures and assists in the laying of concrete is structural plywood. This consists of a layer of phenolic resin as a result of which the surface will show good resistance against water and other harsh elements.
Marine plywood in Brisbane is also a type of structural plywood where the surface will usually be clean and void of any knots. It is high-quality plywood that is useful for exterior use. It is strong, flexible, and durable and is also possible to use for the manufacturing of boats.